Position: Global Director Of Communication
Application Deadline: September 5, 2017
We are seeking a creative and experienced individual to create, lead and execute a global fundraising strategy. The right candidate will be entrepreneurial, visionary, aggressive and have experience building fundraising programs in low resource environments. The successful candidate will have complete creative latitude and report directly to the CEO/ Executive Board. This position will require the candidate to work remotely.
UOSSM International is one of the largest medical aid agencies inside Syria with over 1,500 staff on the ground, operating $24 million in projects in 2016. UOSSM operates hospitals, clinics, mental health centres, training and research in Syria, Turkey, Lebanon and Jordan. The organization has offices in Switzerland, France, USA, Canada, Netherlands, Germany and England. UOSSM is non-political, non-religious and offers free aid to the people of Syria regardless of race, religion or political affiliation.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Create a global fundraising plan to be executed by chapters in: USA, Switzerland, Canada, France, Netherlands, Germany, England.
- Work with chapters to create chapter specific fundraising plans and begin implementation.
- Oversee and develop systems for: campaign activities, donor identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- Reach global fundraising targets from both private and public donations and grants.
- Create/ strengthen relationships with governments and NGO funding partners.
- Recruit, manage, coach, develop, and assess UOSSM fundraising staff across the globe. Set and regularly review staff goals, schedule, and performance measures.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Must have at least five years of working experience in global fundraising and partnership development with a career track record for raising five and six figure gifts.
- Educational background in fundraising/ marketing.
- Strong copy writing skills and an eye for high converting campaigns.
- Experience building partnerships with corporations, foundations, and large NGOs.
- Experience with donor relations platforms and technology.
- Experience launching and evaluating fundraising campaigns through: direct marketing, online fundraising, events, direct mail, crowd funding, major gifts.
- Experience with growth hacking methodologies.
- Experience with government grants in the international space and respective chapter countries would be an asset.
- Proven leadership ability and the ability to work independently with minimal oversight and to multi-task.
This position will be allow the successful candidate to work from home. Salary commensurate with experience.
To Apply Please Send:
1) A one page document of your vision of the Global Fundraising Strategy including:
- A target of what you anticipate you could fundraise globally with UOSSM.
- Resources you would require to execute your vision.
- Campaigns, distribution channels, strategies, tactics, systems which you think would be fitting and high performing.
- Experiences you have had executing similar strategies/ campaigns and outcomes.
*UOSSM background documents available on request
2) CV/ Resume
Please send applications with the subject “Global Director Of Fundraising” to: